|Owner||Senator John Heinz History Center|
Kennywood Park is a historic amusement park located in West Mifflin, Pa. Founded in 1899, Kennywood was built on land owned by Andrew Kenny who leased land to the Monongahela Street Railway Company. When the park first opened, it featured a casino, merry-go-round, and dance pavilion. In this photograph from 1947, visitors enjoy rowing on Kennywood's lake. This image is located on east column F of the memorial.